Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Updated Vita and 3 Year Professional Development Plan

http://cdiem.wikispaces.com/Vita

My vita can be found at the following link: http://cdiem.wikispaces.com/Vita. This link contains both the original version of the vita and the one that has been revised for this assignment. There were two major changes from the first edition with the first being my new work information. Since writing that vita, I have accepted a position as an Assistant Principal at Belton High School and will be moving from College Station in the next 2 weeks. I have changed my work and home information to reflect this move and have also added my Belton High School job to my list of professional experience. The second change is at the end of the via where I have taken off my specific reference and replaced with a statement noting that my references are available upon request.


http://cdiem.wikispaces.com/3+Year+Professional+Development+Plan

Creating a 3 year professional development plan for me turned out to be a difficult task. I came into the assignment knowing that I wanted to continue to improve my skills in the areas of master scheduling and professional development planning, but deciding when in the next 3 years that would fit in became a challenge. For the other 4 goals, I had broad ideas in mind of what I wanted to work on but not the specifics behind them. What I found to be the most helpful thing for me was to go back, look at my internship log, and look for activities that I enjoyed but didn’t get as much experience working in. One of those was curriculum development, and specifically, curriculum adoption for the new Social Studies TEKS. I began working on this before the superintendent program began by attending a meeting in Austin last summer on details behind the TEKS and how the EOC’s would work in conjunction with them. Since that time, I have been working with our Data Analyst at the high school, herself a social studies teacher, and seeing how the new TEKS correlates with the current curriculum we have. We’ve since found out that new monies for textbooks and ancillary materials will not be available for another 2-3 years, so at that time, I not only want to be a part of that adoption process but want to lead the process for Belton ISD or wherever I am working at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment